Optical Illusion of The Day: Wobbly Bobbly Illusion

Optical Illusion of The Day: Wobbly Bobbly Illusion

Link to Mighty Optical Illusions

Wobbly Bobbly Illusion

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 02:26 PM PST

Wobbly Bobbly IllusionWobbly Bobbly IllusionI was just browsing our #animations category for good ol’ times sake, when I noticed I never shared this funny looking .gif with you. Pardon me if you’ve seen it before.

Anyway, if you concentrate at the centre of the spinning rounded rectangle on your right, you will notice it wobbles and giggles, changing its shape at the same time it spins. On closer inspection, one may notice there is nothing out of the ordinary going on, and that its shape stays the same at all times. Still, somehow the illusion occurs – Can you help me understand why? I can’t seem to figure this one out. Is it because of the “faulty” white pixels? You tell me!

Comments system

Disqus Shortname