Optical Illusion of The Day: Black and White in Colour, Again

Optical Illusion of The Day: Black and White in Colour, Again

Link to Mighty Optical Illusions

Black and White in Colour, Again

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 11:25 AM PDT

During my recent stay in London (which was an amazing experience btw.) one thing I couldn’t oversee was the high concentration of wealth and luxury everywhere I looked. But when I thought about it for a moment, I realised that when you have so many mega-rich individuals living there, one has to find a way for them to spend more, and provide them with options to diversify themselves and stand-out among each other, simply because there “has to be a difference” between multi-billionaires and billionaires. This usually ends up with real-estate, art, vehicles, brands and stuff becoming so ridiculously overpriced, that at some point their price greatly surpasses their value. I mean, I can relate with the fact that when there is demand, prices go up. But I simply can’t relate with the fact how some items when priced 100x their value sell even better than if the same store priced them at 10x their original value. Are we as a society so shallow and vain we aren’t able to see pass this? I was just wondering at which point all this collapses, because it surely can’t grow indefinitely… Best example I can give you is how often junk and crap passes as “abstract” or “concept-art“, selling for millions just because it can.


Comments system

Disqus Shortname