Optical Illusion of The Day: The Square Circle Optical Illusion

Optical Illusion of The Day: The Square Circle Optical Illusion

Link to Mighty Optical Illusions

The Square Circle Optical Illusion

Posted: 25 Dec 2012 03:47 PM PST

Let me tell you a little secret, one I already hinted in my earlier article – I wrote this post on Christmas where I also attached a timer to it, so that it auto-publishes while I’m still away enjoying my vacation. I always considered this similar to cheating, so to ease my guilt let me at least say it out loud. I just hope you’ll find the attached vintage card illusory enough to tolerate what I just did ;) So, have you found the circle below “squarish” enough to see it as some sort of heavily rounded-rectangle? Supposedly the inner squares make it appear this way…

The Square Circle Optical IllusionHow about if we remove both squares from within the circle – does the circle appear perfect this time round? I think it does. Wouldn’t you agree?

The Square Circle Optical Illusion

Comments system

Disqus Shortname