Optical Illusion of The Day: Weekend Word Brain Teaser

Optical Illusion of The Day: Weekend Word Brain Teaser

Link to Mighty Optical Illusions

Weekend Word Brain Teaser

Posted: 17 Jan 2016 09:31 AM PST

I have to admit that I’m a lover of the English language, and a good word brain teaser can just suck me right in! I love plays on words, puns, and all sorts of word puzzles. At one point, I was a crossword puzzle junkie. Alas! I have little time for the fun wordy stuff these days, but I still love a good word puzzle from time to time.

And, that brings me to the weekend word brain teaser! The whole thing is pretty self-explanatory; just read the directions and try to figure out why this paragraph is so unusual. (Not this paragraph, but the paragraph below, smarty pants!)

word brain teaser

Did you see what was so unusual about it? I know that some of you will pick it up right away, but others might not see it for a bit. And that’s ok! If you’re not a word junkie, it’s not obvious at all.

If you give up on this word brain teaser and want the answer, click below to expand it.

 

 

 

*CLICK FOR THE ANSWER*

The paragraph above is so unusual, because it does not contain the letter E, which is the most common letter in the English language. Try writing more than a few sentences without the letter E, and you’ll see what I mean. I tried it once, and it’s so much harder than it sounds! However, an author named Ernest Vincent Wright did accomplish this! In 1939, he wrote Gadsby, a 50,000 word novel without the letter E!

 

 

If you liked this word brain teaser, head over and see if you can solve this math brain teaser!

The post Weekend Word Brain Teaser appeared first on Mighty Optical Illusions.

Comments system

Disqus Shortname